BACK TO PREVIOUS

John Allen House

209 East Second Street
Xenia, OH 45385
(937) 347-3203
3 reviews
Visit Website
OVERVIEW
John Allen House was built in 1881 as a wedding dowry to John Allen and his wife Sarah Ann (Nunnemaker) Allen. John Allen was one of the first bankers of Xenia. When first built, the John Allen House was a place for the Allens to entertain dignitaries attracted to Xenia as a potential investment. The Hivling Family (of Eden Hall) brought the railroads to Xenia which comprise our excellent bike paths of today. Edward Bryant of Ford Motor fame was a resident of John Allen House from 1918-1926. Bryant was the brother in law of Henry Ford's wife, Clara Bryant Ford and Henry Ford was a regular visitor to the house.
MAP
AMENITIES
Accomodations
General
  • Non-Smoking Rooms:
YELP